Monday, November 12, 2007

Walking By Faith

In the previous verses we are introduced to Abraham's servant and his charge from Abraham to get a wife for his son, Isaac. We also see the prayer the servant made and the requirements needed for the maiden he would meet.

In today's reading Rebekah met all the requirements of his prayer by coming to him without prompting and being from the right family. I believe the key verse is verse 27. The servant of Abraham thanked God for leading him perfectly. The phrase I like best is, "I being in the way the Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren." He had learned from Abraham to be led of the Lord.

I must everyday walk close to the Lord in harmony that so that I can say, "Jesus led me all the way. Rebekah would later be the wife of Isaac who would produce the line of godly Abraham, which would lead ultimately to Christ.

No comments: