Monday, September 27, 2010

2 Corinthians 5:11-21

We persuade men because we know the terror of the Lord. If grace is not accepted there is nothing left but the great judgment of lost mankind.
In verse 14 we have the phrase "the love of Christ compels us." If I realize that all are headed for the lake of fire unless they trust Christ who died for all, I am compelled to even try to drag them in if I could.
If He died for all, and now I live, but not to myself but for Him who died for me. Now if we belong to Christ we are part of the new creation or the new mankind of which Christ is the Head. Old things are passed away, then why do some Christians live like this isn't so?
There are some interesting things in the last verses. We can show people how they can be reconciled to God. We are also ambassadors for Christ, really officials doing the business of Heaven on earth.
This last verse 21 we have the grand thought of substitution. Christ came here to take our place in punishment so we might have the right to go to His place in Heavens glory. John the Baptist said "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world," John 1:29. Do you have Him?

No comments: