Monday, September 20, 2010

II Corinthians 1:12-24

Paul is writing this second letter as a sequel to the first letter. Throughout this letter we have an awareness that there is a sort of undercurrent in the church about the authority of Paul as an apostle. Paul says here that in the day of the Lord Jesus, a time of reckoning of our works , the Corinthian Christians would be his boasting. He also says that of the Thessalonians in Chapter 2 of that first letter. This brings me to a question in my own life. How many have I led to Christ, and have I led them on in Christ? Have I anything to say in the day of Jesus Christ? Everything about Christ is a positive yea and amen. Is this sealed within us in a day when the name of Christ is spoken against and ridiculed? Our stand for Christ will be tested more yet as the days go by. There was a term years ago about separating the men from the boys. How will we measure up? The last thing I want to mention is that the Holy Spirit is our guarantee. He is a witness with our spirit that we are true children of God according to Romans 8:16. The moment I took Jesus as my Savior He was there to carry me through and to guarantee whose I am and who I am to serve.

No comments: