Monday, February 20, 2012

Acts 4:1-12

Isn't it interesting that people were very disappointed when they did things and spoke to the people in the name of Jesus. I want to refer here to Philippians 2:9-11. Here the name of Jesus is above every name. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. I find it ironic that this name Jesus is as much despised today as it was then.

In chapter three Peter caused a man who was crippled from his mother's womb to walk, but he made it clear that it was in the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Peter then elaborates to them that Jesus that was rejected by the builders in Israel has become the Head of the corner, or the most important stone when a building was in construction. This is a direct prophetic quotation from Psalm 118:22 one thousand years before Jesus appeared. This was repeated by Jesus concerning Himself in Matt 21:42. It was here in Acts 4:11, and again in Ephesians 2:20 and I Peter 2:7. This shows the importance of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now my last remark is verse 12 which I must say there is no hope of salvation in any other name or religion whereby we get saved and go to Heaven. We must have Christ if we are to have any hope of going to Heaven. Why not take Him as your Savior today?

No comments: