Many Christians have heard of the term "tentmaker" and maybe don't understand what that means. This is used for a missionary or Christian worker who goes into a foreign country and finds a job for sustaining income to be able to preach and win people to Christ. This could be true of Pastors who serve country churches here in the U.S. where there is not enough incoming funds to sustain the Pastor. This is a worthy occupation. In verse three of this passage we find Paul does this so he wouldn't be a burden to the Corinthian people.
There was also a principle that Paul worked by called "the Jew first", and then to the Gentiles. Here in verse six he shook his garments and said to the Jews, "Your blood be upon your own heads, I go to the Gentiles."
Corinth was a wicked city and the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision that he was not to be afraid for He had much people in that city. Although we don't get this in visions and dreams anymore, there are ways that God can affirm a servant as to where to go. I rely on people giving me names or suggestions of people to see. Usually in the morning, I ask the Lord where I am to go that day. Then I seem to come up with something. Are you ever moved to do anything that way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment