Monday, April 16, 2012

Acts 23:11-22

In these verses we find Paul needing reassurance that the Lord would be with him in this dangerous spot. After all He was God's chosen Apostle. Paul is given a vision assuring him that the Lord would not only take care of him in Jerusalem, but he would also later fulfill his dream of going to Rome. We can also be assured that if we put our lives in His hand, He will take care of us!

Next we find that forty men have plotted to ambush and kill Paul. It is ironic that Paul's sister's son just so happens to overhear their plot. This is a direct answer to the Lord's Word in verse eleven. Was this a coincidence or was it Providential? I believe God indeed has a sense of humor here. I'm at the place in my life where I realize that nothing is accidental. God is in control at all times working out His perfect plan for our lives. Every person He brings into my path is intentional and for a specific purpse! The prayerful words of this song: "Lord lead me to some soul today, and teach me Lord just what to say" are very fitting. We can trust God in quiet anticipation of what HE will do next.

God used Paul's very own nephew to foil the plot of his enemies! As a result, Paul is one step closer to his goal of taking the Gospel message to Rome. I want my life to be ordered like that...don't you?

No comments: