Monday, August 10, 2009

2 Peter 1:5-9

I must say something about the former verse. We are partakers of the divine nature (that is God's nature) thereby escaping the corruption that is the world through lust. Notice "ed" meaning past tense.
Then next we add the qualities of virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness brotherly kindness and love for all even unsaved. I will only ask is this true of you? If this is true of you there will be no barren times and you will bear fruit for the Lord. I do want to caution you that the above is not simple addition. It takes study and effort. We don't automatically get it.
Then we have the alternative in the next verse. Spiritual blindness and forgetting that we were once purged from old sins. When I encounter some of these, they having accepted Christ, don't even know whether they are going to Heaven or not. Now in which category do you want to be? As for me I want to walk as if this very day I will be in Heaven. It could very will be so.

No comments: