Monday, August 3, 2009

Colossians 3:1-7

When I accepted Jesus Christ as Savior I was typically known as "risen with Christ". If this is the case we are to seek that which is above where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. That is where I am to live, even while walking in this world. Our affection is to be heavenly not earthly. I died with Christ. The next verse says we will one day appear with Christ when He appears in all His splendor and glory to reign for a thousand years.
If the above is true we are to put to death the old self that we once were. Our sin nature should be (in a figure) put in a casket. When tempted we should say to our old nature stay in that casket where you belong.
Sinning and living in sin is for the children of disobedience which is a term to depict unsaved people. There is the putting off and the putting on in these verses. I notice the term "once walked" meaning that old sinful life is over. Shame on us if we go back to it again.

No comments: