Monday, March 14, 2011
Ezekiel 1:15-28
When I think about this first vision in the book of Ezekiel, I think of one word, awesome. These verses remind me that we have an awesome God, and those visions of the Cherubim (angelic beings)bring out some of His attributes. You will notice there is a Spirit that moves them, and that moves us, or at least, should move us as Christians as well. I want to ask myself, "Am I moved in that way by the Spirit, also? There is a second part of the vision. As Ezekiel looks up he sees a throne. It was a sapphire studded throne glorious in appearance. Now there is a man on this visionary throne. Could this be the one I know as my Jesus the Christ who I worship? I know this is visionary and as I suppose highly symbolic. He taught us to pray "thy kingdom come." Then last of all there is the rainbow. What brilliance to see the sun come out on a rainy day and see the rainbow. There are two other places where the rainbow is mentioned specifically. The first is after the flood in Noah's time. The last is over the throne of God in Heaven in Revelation 4. Could this be that very throne in this man's vision? If so I believe that the one on that throne is also my Jesus who Peter says in Matthew 16 is the Son of the living God. Ezekiel ends that it is the likeness of the glory of God. How do you react when you think about the glory of God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment