Yesterday, we read about the people of Jerusalem and how they had literally turned their back on God. They had put an idol opposite of God's place in the temple. They had bowed to the sun in the east with their back to the temple. They had physically and spiritually turned their back on God. Now, God has given his servant burning coals to scatter over the city and His glory has departed from the temple. The next time God would make an appearance at the Temple was at the first coming of Christ.
These passages were very convicting to me. It is so easy to get distracted by other things in the day...but so wrong. In the mornings, do I get involved with other activities and even reading other material while God's Word is sitting on the table or desk to my back? What priority have I been giving His Word? I repented of my negligence and failure to make Him the priority. I want to encourage you to do the same if you have been like me.
God's presence is in us! Let's let His light shine so that we may see and better glorify Him and so that others might see and be saved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment