Monday, April 4, 2011

Ezekiel 34:1-16

These verses speak of two things. First of all God is saying something against the Shepherds of Israel. The analogy is that Israel was God's flock, and a certain amount of the elderly men were appointed shepherds of His flock. Here God accuses them of feeding themselves and letting the people go without proper care and food.
The later verses speak of the fact that because of the lack of care from the shepherds the sheep (Israel) was scattered and they would be brought back to their land, but God would bring severe judgment on those false shepherds.
Now lets transfer this truth to our present dispensation, to the people who are known as the pastors of God's flock today, mostly consisting of Gentiles not Israelites. By the way I consider myself as one of the pastors of the so called flock of God. We must judge ourselves and keep these things in mind, or else we will be severely judged. Am I making myself fat at the expense of true shepherding and the needs of the flock of God? If so I must take heed and change my ways. I call on all pastors to examine their ways and make the necessary corrections. If you are given any responsibility in the church, examine your motives and make necessary changes.

No comments: