Monday, April 25, 2011
Philippians 3:1-6
In all these verses Paul is urging the Philippians to rejoice in the Lord and stop putting our confidence in earthly principles as to who I am naturally. I may be smart enough to be a PHD or I may just be dumb. It is not who I am or what I am. It is who Christ is and what He has done for us. When I compare what great lengths He has gone through for me, what kind of pedigree could I possibly boast of. Paul could boast of his credentials if he were still in the religion of the Old Testament, but now that Christ came on the scene all that has changed. After Christ came to pay for our sins we are all one and there is no room for boasting as to who we are. The real challenge comes when Paul explains we are all one, and no one is better than the other. There are degrees of education, but that has nothing to do with who we are in Christ. So I am to humbly go on with what God has given me, preach Christ when and where I can. My chief aim is not to present myself but Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment