Monday, July 18, 2011

Romans 1:8-17

First of all the Christians at Rome, the seat of the empire, had a faith that was spoken of throughout the world. I want that kind of faith though I don't have any world prominence. Their faith was real and obvious as mine ought to be. Paul had never been to Rome but he wanted to come there to impact a spiritual gift to establish them in a mutual faith. Paul was the kind of a person that wanted to aid in their spiritual growth. We must remember that the New Testament was not yet fully written and put together as we have it today. Then we have these wonderful word, "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ." Why don't we talk about it before unbelievers? Why are Christians so silent? It is the power of God unto salvation. Why not talk about it? Why not let people know where we stand? In this gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith. This means a growing faith. It was this next phrase that set Martin Luther off to start the reformation. The just shall live by faith. That is where I live. Do you live there, too?

No comments: