Monday, June 8, 2009

Galations 3:17-22

In these verses Paul is explaining why we cannot be saved by keeping the law of Moses. It was added to prove the sinfulness of the sinner. Romans 3 verses 19 and 20 say two things to us. One is that the purpose of the law was that every mouth may be stopped ; and that all may become guilty before God. It also states that by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified before God. We then need something else, and that is what we call the free grace of God. Christ bore our sins in His own body on the cross. What can I add to that? Placing anything else to it is "another gospel" according to Galations 1:6. It is grace with nothing added.
Does that mean I can now go on sinning? In Romans 6:1 Paul says "God Forbid" to that. I am now a child of God born of the Holy Spirit. Having a new nature I cannot enjoy sin without some feeling of remorse.

1 comment:

pastorscott said...

Amazing grace how sweet the sound!- How true! What could I ever add to the sacrifice of Christ? Jesus paid ti all, all to Him I owe!