Monday, June 29, 2009

Proverbs 14:1-12

I will carry you to the last verse of this section: "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death". As there is a right and a wrong way we must examine them carefully. It could mean our eternal destiny. In Matthew 7:13-14 Christ spoke of two ways, the narrow way leading to life, and the broad way leading to destruction. Christ also said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father (God) except through me". Have you examined the way you are on? Now to examine some of the other principles. There is the wise building the house and the foolish pulling it down. Then there is the walk of the wise verses one perverse in his ways. Next the mouth of the fool and the lips of the wise. There is a verbal expression for the person to go from the presence of a foolish man. There is a statement that a man is known by the company he keeps. I want to use a phrase in verse 9, "fools make a mock of sin". It all boils down to the phrase in verse 12. There is a way, the right way, find it.

1 comment:

pastorscott said...

I have found it ... I mean Him - Jesus!