Saturday, September 12, 2009

Appeal To God's Glory! - Psalm 86:1-17

The psalmist makes an appeal to God's character and reputation using the word "for" eight separate times in this chapter.

1. God's mercy - "for I am poor and needy" v.1
2. God's grace - "for I am holy" v.2
3. God's faithfulness - "for I cry unto thee daily" v.3
4. God's power - "for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul" v.4
5. God's goodness - "for thou, Lord, art good" v.5
6. God's promises - "for thou wilt answer me" v.7
7. God's greatness - "for thou art great" v.10
8. God's love - "For great is thy mercy toward me" v. 13

As I pray, I must appeal to God's glory - this is His passion! Seek His reputation to be seen and upheld in answering my prayer.

Walk with the Lord and appeal to God's glory!!!

No comments: