Let's I.N.S.P.E.C.T. God's Word today. (Psalm 100)
I - Is there any Information about God
Vs. 3 - He is our Creator
Vs. 5 - He is good (Such a simple statement with such a huge implication!)
N - Are there any Needs expressed
Vs. 3 We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. (We need His great shepherding in our lives!)
S - Are there any Sins to confess
There are no sins listed today, but it is good to know that...
P - Are there any Promises to claim
Vs. 5 His mercy is everlasting! He will not have a change of heart! Once you are forgiven/pardoned, you will always be.
His truth endureth to all generations. God is always true, honest and faithful to His Word.
E - Is there an Example to follow
There are no people's examples to follow, but God sets the standard. Verse 5 should encourage us to live righteously (good), to show mercy, and to be honest always.
C - Are there any Commands to obey
Vs. 1 Make a joyful noise
Vs. 2 Serve the Lord with gladness
Come before His presence with singing (Why do we sing at church...?)
Vs. 3 Know that the Lord is God (Have you acknowledged the Lord as your God?)
Vs. 4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving...into His courts with praise
Be thankful unto Him
Bless His Name
T - Is there anything to be Thankful for?
Whatever God commands us to do, He gives us the ability to obey. He gives us the ability to be joyful and to be glad! I am thankful for His protection and authority as my Great Shepherd! I am thankful that He allows us to enter into His gates and courts! And, I am thankful that the mercy He has promised to me will never be rescinded and that I can trust His holy Word!
This meditation tool has proven to be a great way to "Chew the cud" of God's Word. I hope that it is a blessing to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment