Monday, September 14, 2009

Psalm 88:1-18

I find interesting to try to imagine what was happening to a man who would write a psalm like this. His ancestor Korah was one of the chief men who rebelled against Moses and died there in the wilderness. Evidently his ancestral parent was spared who became the chief singers in temple worship. I think the thought; out of heaviness can come praise to God; out of darkness comes light in the Lord.

But what was this man going through to write a song like this. Here are some of his statements: " I am counted with those who go down to the pit." "Why do you hide your face from me." "Lover and friend you have put far from me." This is a man of deep trouble and sorrow.

Was this just for this man? Why is it in the Word of God? This was in the song book of Israel, and surely it is for you when you are going through deep troubles. It is for me when I am going through a dark valley where there seems to be no heavenly light. Romans 8:28 says there is some good out of all our dark valleys.

No comments: