Monday, December 14, 2009

Revelation 11:13-19

These verses are very difficult in interpretation. There are two different kinds of thought about what is described here. One group feels all is literal, while the other group feels it is symbolic. I can't begin to describe either in this short space. Either will be terrible for man to face. In the sounding of the seventh angel we come down to the end of the seven years or Daniels seventieth week and the kingdoms of this world become the kingdom of Christ. We again find the twenty four elders with the grand crescendo of praise to our Lord Jesus Christ. These elders representing the Church had not been mentioned since the heavenly scene of Chapters 4&5. They now are back giving glory and praise to Christ. Since all Heaven and Earth will give glory and honor to Christ at a later day, I would say, "Why not now for me, how about you?"
When we use the phrase as we see it in the Lord's prayer, "Thy kingdom come!" we are looking forward to this very time. When I think of this I ask, "Do we really mean what we pray?" Is the coming kingdom of Christ the most prominent thing in our lives?

No comments: