Monday, December 28, 2009
Revelation 18:9-19
First of all at the end of chapter 17 we have a woman pictured as a city. I feel that city is Rome. Now in this chapter we are told about something called Babylon. The former was a religious city called a harlot but this is called a great economic commercial system, more than likely as the former, not confined to just a city but a region. It probably was the boundaries of the Old Roman Empire. The fall of this great system called Babylon the Great causes devastation to all who have put their great trust in the material things of this world. All of this will eventually be gone. I notice that according to this chapter much of the things connected with this is from demon activity. I want to call attention to Jesus words in verse 15, "I come as a thief." As a thief comes to take items people treasure as valuable so when Jesus comes all will be lost and gone. What people lived for will be gone. This should speak to us today as Christians. What do we value more than Christ's coming. We should trash it and keep our eyes on Christ. The last item here is the great battle, Armageddon. At Christ's coming He will take care of them with a word actually with the brightness of His coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment