There are a lot of various lessons in this little section of the Word of God. The first is that children cannot be left by themselves and be expected to turn out right. In nature it can happen to turtles and ostriches, but children are much better off with training. I suppose we have all failed in this or at least I see short comings in my family life.
The next is that "Where there is no vision, the people perish." I do believe instead of vision the word revelation is the best word here. Unless God speaks to a nation there is great failure and loss of souls, even the soul of the nation.
Next we must be careful not to speak before we have weighed an issue. It is so easy to speak before we think. Our present political debates have shown us this.
Pride can bring a man low. Jesus taught about this. But there is honor in being of a humble spirit. It is better for others to praise you than to receive praise for yourself.
The last is where do I put my trust and praise. God will not fail me, but man will bring me disappointment every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment