Monday, January 23, 2012

Jeremiah 22:24 - 23:6

Beginning in Jeremiah 22:24 to the end of that chapter I see that God is a sovereign God. It is said that he sets up kings and takes them down. I am thinking about this in regards to our upcoming election for the President of the USA. I am also thinking of the fact that I am better off to fall in line with Him than to follow the course of this world. The judgment of Coniah would be that he would be childless ending the present kingship of Judah.

Then in chapter 23, first of all we have a judgment placed upon the pastors of Judah. Instead of caring for the people as true shepherds, they were feeding themselves. This could be true of so called ministers and pastors in the Church today. I fall into this category and I must be careful to be a giver of food for the sheep of Christ and not a taker.

The last section we read today is that in Israel in the latter days beyond the church age there is One coming who is named the Branch, Jesus Christ who will be the Chief Shepherd of Israel. He will take care of Israel and set up shepherds who will be true shepherds feeding the flock. This One will be called THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. All will fall into place under Him. Why not give Him the first place in your life now?

No comments: