Joshua challenged Achan to give glory to God by confessing his sin. How does confessing our sin bring glory to God?
Confessing our sin glorifies God by shewing forth His character and attributes. When I confess sin I demonstrate the many qualities of God's nature like:
1. Holiness - God has a standard of right and wrong
2. Truth - God's Word is true that all men are sinners
3. Justice - God will judge all sin
4. Mercy - God is merciful to forgive
5. Immutability - God does not change His standard or promise
6. Living - God hears when we pray
7. Patient - God is patient with my failures
8. Faithful - God is faithful to His Word
9. Providing - God has made provision for forgiveness
10.Omniscient - God knows everything about my life
I must search my heart daily and regularly to confess my sin to God. This brings glory to God, unity and blessing with others and joy to me!
Walk with the Lord and glorify God through confession!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment