Monday, November 2, 2009
Joshua 6:12-27
The first thing I see is that the fall of Jericho was not to be a mere human accomplishment. The Israelites were going to know it was all of God and nothing of themselves. Can you imagine what was going through the minds of the men of Israel as they marched around the city, not only once but six times in six days and not making one move toward the city? Imagine the thoughts of the people inside those walls. There is one word I want to emphasize in all this and that is obedience. Surely this must have looked strange. I am sure the people wondered what was really happening, but they obeyed and eventually the walls did come down and Jericho was conquered. The lesson of obedience has to be learned by us too. I don't always know what God is doing. He doesn't lay it out to me in black and white. It may not always make complete sense to me. However, if I persevere it will eventually be more clear. So I will allow God to drive me on even if I don't always understand what He is doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment