Most feel that John who wrote this was on the rugged island of Patmos because he was exiled for being a Christian. Notice what day it was. I take this to mean Sunday which most Christians call "the Lord's Day." We honor this day above others.
I can't describe this so much as I would like in this little blog, but I want to say that this is a revision, and the description of Christ here are His divine attributes. They speak typically of who He is and His authority. You will find each of these somewhere else in the book.
First He is Alpha and Omega, the first and the last and everything in between.
Lampstands represent the churches, which ultimately represent the whole history of Christianity.
Next we see Him with all the qualifications as a Judge to judge the future of this world. I cannot go into all these here, but I would like to.
John when he sees Him falls down like dead. Jesus tells him not to fear. I would tremble when I read this if I were not walking with Christ. I know when I get in His presence I will be awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment