Monday, June 28, 2010

I Corinthians 1:10-17

Paul's letter to the Corinthians was what I call a correction epistle. There were a lot of needs in this church. Even in this introductory first chapter he brings up how divided they were. There were those who would pick a certain spiritual teacher and say they were patterned after him. We have some of this in our modern day too. Some we call church hoppers going from place to place looking for the perfect pastor or the perfect congregation. Someone said, "If you find a perfect church don't go there because you will ruin it." Those who are truly for Christ are not divided. I find this very true in my walk around the city and the whole area. The closer we are to Christ and His Word, the closer we will be to each other. We will find in this book of I Corinthians that Paul had a spiritual solution to every problem they had. However, when the answer came they had to accept it. Are we wiling to accept answers when they come if we belong to a church that has many problems? I hope so.

No comments: