Monday, July 12, 2010
I Corinthians 7:25-40
This chapter 7 is known as the marriage chapter of the Bible. However, marriage is talked about throughout the Bible so we don't make a complete doctrine from one spot, but look at all of them together. The verses we are looking at is Paul's advice to them about virgins , those who have kept themselves in purity either waiting for the proper marriage partner, or willingly giving themselves over to the Lord serving Him in perfect purity. To me Paul the apostle seemed to present himself as the example of this and he says it is better to remain as I am. I feel Paul was never married and remained in purity. Others feel he may have been a widower or divorced! I will not argue that point. Paul is saying in this whole scope of verses that if you feel you want to give yourselves to the service of the Lord, with no need of a marriage partner, it is the more noble way. However, all do not have that gift so they should marry. Now by this you can tell that I am not only talking about ladies but men also. The well known preacher, John Stolt of England is a prime example of this. I as a married man have nothing to say. How has God called you? Use it for Him. You will be rewarded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment