Monday, November 15, 2010
James 4:1-5
James is quite informative about Christians not getting along with each other. There are many times we want our own way and we are willing to step on each other in order to get what we want. The question I would ask myself is this, "Is Christ enough?" "Is what He supplies good enough?" It may not actually come to something like murder, but remember in the actual case of David and Bathsheba it did. What do I want? Is it a legitimate need? Because we belong to God, it is spiritual adultery to replace Him with desirable things that only please our own sinful nature. What does it mean to be a friend of the world? The world is that element of this world that would leave God out of the picture and place one's own desire and what pleases ourselves first. Sometimes we like to say it was the world that crucified Christ. Who is the Spirit who dwells in us? It is God's Holy Spirit whose responsibility to take the things of Christ and show them to us. If I would be led by the Spirit I would be drawn near to Christ. Since I am a believer He would be jealous if I am bent on satisfying my own desire drawing me away from Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment