Monday, February 7, 2011

Luke 13: 22-35

I believe the narrow gate consists of two things. The first is no one can enter the new life without accepting Jesus Christ as Savior. There is only one way and that is Jesus dying for our sins. However, we cannot rule out a repentant spirit and the new birth. Remember Jesus own words repeated in three and five of this chapter. "Unless you repent you shall all likewise perish." Jesus then goes on to tell about those who come to Heaven's gate (an expression of my own) and want to come in and Jesus will say I never knew you. As I said above that narrow gate is repentance and the cross of Christ. The next thing is whether anyone could have killed Jesus before the cross. He had a completely ordered life from the womb to the cross, grave and ascension. I believe that if I continue in the will of God my life is ordered in the same way until my appointment of death, Hebrews 9:27, or the rapture, I Thessalonians 4:13-18. Next Jesus mourned over Jerusalem. In another place He said, "If you only knew who visited you." Their house has been left desolate. They as a nation will someday in the future look on Him who they have pierced , Zechariah 12:10, and mourn for Him. It is then the term, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord." That is my Lord Jesus who I own as Lord right now. Do you?

No comments: