These are the days when men boast in mischief and despise the goodness of God. I was there once before I knew Christ too, but there was a great turn around in my life when I found Him.
There are things said about the so called unconverted tongue. It is said to be razor sharp, loving evil, lying, deceitful and that kind of man will be eventually destroyed. By observing the wicked we know how not to live saying, "Is this the man who didn't make God his strength?" He made wickedness his strength. To be rich alone is not wrong, but to get rich by wickedness is. By looking at the example of the wicked we can learn how not to follow in their ways.
In verse eight we have a change. Now the psalmist David is speaking of himself. I am like a green olive tree. The olive was not only a fruitful tree, but the oil was very medicinal, and its fruit very delightful as food. To compare himself with the green olive would probably be the height of comparisons. Did David always have complete victory over sin? Certainly not, but when he sinned he did acknowledge it and went on from there.
Now what do I get from this for myself? Is my life more like a green olive tree? Or is it like the man in the above verses?Our great example is not David, however, we can learn from him. Our great example is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Do you know Him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment