In complete obedience to the vision in the former verses Peter acted when he went to see Cornelius the Roman captain. This brings the question to me. Do I act in obedience when the Lord may ask me to do something I may dislike or not understand? I hope in that case I will be like Peter. Cornelius fell down to worship Peter. This could have been a stumbling block to Peter but he said, "Stand up, I myself am also a man." How do I react to undue praise? What do I say?I must always give the glory to God and not to myself.
Then Peter goes over the lesson that the vision has taught him and Cornelius tells why he sent for him.
The lesson I get is obedience and the other is, that no matter what kind of religion one may be into the real need before God is to turn in faith to Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment