Monday, February 8, 2010

John 3:25-36

In these verses there seems to be some sort of a disagreement between the Jews and the disciples of John the Baptist about who was the greatest. John was very quick to remind them that Christ was the prominent one. I want everyone to notice John's answer. "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from Heaven." He also calls Christ the bridegroom and himself the friend of the bridegroom. He also repeats the statement, "He must increase and I must decrease". He also speaks of Christ coming from above and being above all and himself as just being earthly. The Holy Spirit was not given by measure to Christ. Even Paul who was given the whole truth by revelation could say, "I know in part". Now here John writes, "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand". The last verse 36 says, "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life". The last phrase is, "he who does not believe the Son" There the word "in" is missing devoting total rejection. This little two letter word means alot. Now what does all this mean to you? There is the saying, "If Christ is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all". I have made Him Lord of my life. Have you?

No comments: