Monday, February 22, 2010

John 7:1-13

Jesus is presented in these verses as a very controversial figure. He is the same today in the world. You must either be for or against Him. There is no middle ground. Right here I will ask you, "Where do you stand?" In Matthew 10:34 Jesus Himself said, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth.... but a sword." What does that mean? A sword cuts and divides. That means Christ is the divider of mankind. People will be for or against Him. Now at that time even his brothers did not believe in Him. We do have evidence in Acts 1 that they did come to believe in Him. In verse 12 the people seemed to not make up their minds who He was. That is still the same in today's word. Do you really know who He is? It will make all the difference in where you will be in eternity. Some would not confess Him because of fear of the Jews. Don't let fear of man keep you out of Heaven. I am not afraid what anyone thinks of me as I boldly tell them that Jesus is my Savior and my Lord.

1 comment:

Dick said...

Thank you for your boldness in confessing of your faith in Jesus Christ. Many will greet you at the gste of heaven for leading them to salvation and eternal life.
Your crowns will weight you down.

Dick