Monday, May 18, 2009
Numbers 14:6-19
In this section we move beyond that fateful time when the ten men decided they couldn't go into the Promised Land. The two, Joshua and Caleb could not persuade them that God would successfully bring them in. Majority rule is not always a good thing. If God is on the side of only a few they become a majority. It is not a question whose side the majority is on but on whose side am I. By this decision it cost the Israelites 38 more years of wandering in the wilderness instead of enjoying the blessings of God in the Promised Land. There is a word I want to emphasize here. That is the word "unbelief". The opposite of this is "faith". Can I trust God while most others mistrust Him. Moses was intercessor for the Israelites and went upon the mountain and begged mercy of God for 40 days. Will I be an intercessor? Will you? For us it will not be Israel, but America, or even the whole world. We should pray for Israel too, and for all people to be saved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good thought about believing when others fail to believe. Faith interceeds on behalf of others even if it seems to not be working. Pray on!
Post a Comment