Monday, May 11, 2009
Numbers 9:1-5-15-23
In the first 5 verses we see the command of God for the keeping of the Passover. This was a memorial of all that happened on that fateful night in Egypt when all the firstborn sons of Egyptians died and all the firstborn sons of the Israelites were safe because of the blood of the passover lamb on their doorposts. In I Corinthians 5:7 we hear these words, "Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us." With these words Paul told them to get rid of that which was sinful just as the Israelites did not eat leaven seven days before the passover in Egypt. The lesson I get for myself is that just as the Passover was typical of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross now because of Christ I am to live as much as I can apart from sin. The second part of this reading is that God was in charge of whether they journeyed or stayed where they were. They didn't just decide that on their own. That cloud represented the presence of God. Am I aware of the presence of God in my life? Do I move under God's direction?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment