Monday, October 18, 2010

I Samuel 12:1-5, 13-25

In the first five verses of chapter12 we find that the first king was finally in place. He was not the kind of man that would be good for Israel. Choosing a king was the peoples choice and not always the best for them. I think we should pause and reflect. Are my choices and whims always the best or could my waiting on God be the best? I think God's real choice was probably David but He needed to show the people Saul would not be best for them. They needed to wait and see what their folly would bring them. Samuel proved to be an honorable man in every way. I wonder what my legacy will be at the end of my life's road. In verses 13 to 25 Samuel presents King Saul to the people. Then there is Samuel calling on God for thunder and lightning and they finally realize the folly of their ways and begged Samuel to ask God for mercy and forgiveness. How far do we have to go before we realize the devastating affect of our sinful ways? It is best to turn back before we go that far.

No comments: