Monday, August 29, 2011

Psalm 121:1-8

These were psalms called Songs of Degrees. One by one they were sung by Israelites going up to Jerusalem for worship as they neared the Temple.
This psalm begins with: I will look to the hills from whence cometh my help. To me this ends with a question mark. Can I find my help here in Jerusalem? The answer is we have to look higher than the hills or even the Temple Mount. If we can't look to the God of Heaven, no place on earth will do.
First of all, my foot will not be moved. I stand in the strength of the Sovereign God of heaven and earth. The One who sent Jesus, the second Person of the Godhead to die for our sins.
He doesn't slumber so He is ever aware of what I am going through. He is the keeper of Israel so He is my keeper too.
If we trust in Him, we will be preserved from evil. What will touch us when God is on our side? My fear is whether I am on His side. To be otherwise would be a fearful thing indeed. He will preserve me in all my movements when I walk in His ways.

No comments: