Monday, August 15, 2011

Romans 14:1-12

In almost every church there may be some who almost feel sinful to do anything of a questionable nature. Then there are others to whom these same actions do not seem sinful. While on one hand those who are careful at what they do, are not to judge those of a more liberal nature in what they are at liberty to do. God has called us to peace.

There is a phrase in verse 7 that says that none of us lives to himself nor do we die to ourselves. We live unto the Lord and we die unto the Lord. Paul wrote this in order to help those who have a difference in what they might feel at liberty to do.

The last verse of this section says that everyone of us shall give an account of himself to God. If I live in a stricter path, I am not responsible to give an account for my more liberal brother. I will however give an account of how I act in judgment toward him.

No comments: