Monday, December 29, 2008

I John 3:4-10

Verse 4 reveals to us that if we sin there is in some way the turning aside somewhere throughout the law of Moses. Romans 3:23 tells us that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
As we look at the above paragraph we can see we don't have a chance at Heaven by ourselves. But we have a great hope in the next verse for Christ as our sinless substitute went to the cross to take away our sin. That speaks of sin, past, present and future. However, many true Christians feel that because they have accepted Christ they are automatically forgiven and can live careless lives. Verse 6 tells us that if we abide in Him ye do not make a practice of open sin. If a so called Christan carelessly sins it means the person does not really know God.
I want to finish up by stating that there are two families in this world. There are the children of God and the children of the devil, with no in between. Righteousness characterizes the children of God because the seed of God remains in him. On the other hand the children of the devil are characterized by sin. I don't want anyone to mistake where I am. Do you?

No comments: