These verses are about what happened right after Jesus ascended into Heaven. They were given instructions by the Lord Jesus Christ about what their next movements were to be. I noticed one special thing in the phrase, "while they were waiting they continued with one accord in prayer. " This tells me first that if I am to know my next move for the Lord I must get along well with my Christian brothers and sisters and pray for God's direction. If this is true God has marvelous things in store for me.
The next is the discussion of who is to take the place of Judas who betrayed the Lord. Notice the orderly fashion this was done. I believe it was because they were one in mind and purpose and prayer. I want to mention one thing yet about Judas. Verse 25 says that he went to his own place. We all deserve Hell. Only by accepting Christ and the work of the cross do we have a right to go to Heaven. It is because Jesus bore our sins in His own body on the Cross. (I Peter 2:24)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment