Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Involved In God's Work! - Nehemiah 3:1-16

Nehemiah chapter 3 lists those who were involved in God's work of rebuilding the city of Jerusalem. From this passage we can learn several principles about being involved in God's work.

1. Partnership - The work of God is not designed to be done by one or a few but by many.
2. Place - Each individual had a place in God's work and a specific job to do.
3. People - God took note of and recorded each person's service.
4. Proportion - All the workers labored according to their abilities and resources.
5. Pattern - Their involvement set a good (priests v.1) or bad (nobles v.5) example for others.
6. Plan - This work was not just about building a city but fulfilling prophecy and accomplishing God's overall program of redemption.
7. Purpose - This endeavor helped to fulfill God's earthly purpose (a witness to the nations) and God's eternal purpose (giving God glory).

My involvement in God's work:

1. Realize my ability - I have been given unique capacities, gifts, experiences and resources. I must discover and develop these with a spirit of readiness.
2. Realize my opportunity - I have the opportunity to glorify God, benefit others and experience the joy of the Lord in my own life.
3. Realize my responsibility - I have been placed at a unique place and time according to God's purpose. I do not belong to myself. I have been created and redeemed and equipped by God's grace. I am only a manager of all these resources and I am accountable to God for how I respond to the opportunities given to me.

Find out where God is working today and get involved!

Walk with the Lord and get involved in God's work!!!

No comments: