We are living in a day when government officials are using what they want even at the expense of the people. This is true of CEO's and others as well.
Nehemiah was not like that. He did not take even what could have been his as governor and his reason was this: "I did not do so because of the fear of God." The chapter closes with: "Remember me my God for good according to all I have done for the people."
The next chapter begins with the onslaught of the enemy. Enemies of the people of God are fierce. They are crafty. They can lie when they think they need to. Nehemiah's answer to them when they want to meet him is this: "I am doing a great work so I cannot come down." His last little short prayer is this: "Now therefore of God strengthen my hands."
First of all if we are in a work for God realize we have a great enemy, satan, who will defeat us if he can, but God is greater than he. All we have to do is continue just as Nehemiah did in those days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment