Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unity In The Body! - Acts 4:23-37

As believers we automatically have things in common with each other and we each have diversity that we bring to the body. However, our unity and oneness around the things that we share in common must be preserved and encouraged. From this passage we learn that unity is maintained through:

1. Prayer - v.24 - "they lifted up their voice to God with one accord"
2. Purpose - v.31 - "they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and they spake the Word of God with boldness"
3. Possessions - v.32 - "they had all things common"

I must continue to pray with and for others, especially those who I differ from in the body. I must stay focused on the purpose that Christ gave to us: "ye shall be witnesses". Remember that the purpose for the Church is that together we multiply our influence as witnesses. I must surrender my right to any possession that is needed for the body as Jesus directs me.

Walk with the Lord and maintain unity in the body!!!

No comments: