The workers rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem shared three sources of discouragement with Nehemiah.
1. They were faint - Their physical strength was gone and they were thoroughly exhausted.
2. They were frustrated - Walls seemed to be too big of a task for them.
3. They were fearful - Enemies had surrounded them and wanted to destroy them.
Nehemiah led them to overcome discouragement by telling them to:
1. Restore their weapons - They took inventory of their weapons and carried them with readiness.
2. Remove worry - They were reminded of their responsibilities to God and of God's responsibilities to them.
3. Realign workmen - Reunite the burden for and the blessings of families and friendships.
4. Remain watchful - Stay alert to enemies who attack or seek to hinder.
When I am discouraged I need to take inventory of my spiritual armor and weaponry and use them to thwart the devil's fiery darts. I must accept my responsibilities and refuse to take responsibility that is not mine. I must be committed to my family members and friends and seek their prayers, encouragement and counsel. Finally I must expect my enemies to seek to discourage me and be alert to tactics and schemes of satan.
Walk with the Lord and overcome discouragement!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment