Monday, April 20, 2009

Acts 23:11-22

Paul is in the middle of telling of his experience as recorded in Acts chapter 9. This was Paul's commission from the Lord Jesus Christ to be one of his apostles. We know him as the apostle to the Gentiles as we see from verse 21. When Paul declares being sent to the Gentiles it raises such an animosity among the Jewish crowds they are about to kill him on the spot. He is rescued by the chief captain, but later Paul gives credit to God for the rescue. What do I see in this? If God calls me to a work He will see me through every step of the way. I have found that true in my more than fifty years of service for Him. I have probably never had an over abundance but always I have had enough. I have always been safe even after a serious car accident eleven years ago.

No comments: