Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Glory Of God! - Acts 16:14-24

Paul and Silas come to Philippi on the second missionary journey. They are involved in:

1. Salvation - Lydia comes to salvation.
2. Separation - Demon possessed slave girl is rebuked even though she is telling truth.
3. Suffering - As long as Paul and Silas are silent or willing to coexist with evil there is no persecution. When they preached the Gospel and defended God's glory they were beaten and thrown in jail.

Paul was "grieved" with this slave girl because she made it appear that God's work may be done through worldly means or evil methods. Paul's rebuke shows that the end does not justify the means.

I must give the gospel! I must give the Gospel in ways that glorify God! I must expect to suffer if I faithfully do these things!

Walk with the Lord and bring Him glory!

No comments: