In Acts 20, Paul leaves Ephesus and travels back to Macedonia. As we observe Paul's ministry we see certain aspects of Christianity.
1. Discipleship - Paul has a group of men with him that he is discipleing during his travels. He is making disciples as he is making disciples.
2. Worship - During a stop at Troas, Paul and his group attend a worship service. The service is held on the "first day" of the week. Sunday is the day of worship for the Church. It is a weekly celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The service included preaching and communion.
3. Fellowship - After a lengthy service and a healing, Paul stayed to break bread and talk enjoying the things they shared in common.
Jesus has commissioned me to go and make disciples! Am I personally active discipleing someone? I carry out the Great Commission, not in my own power, but in the power of the Holy Spirit. This power is a direct result of my worship experience. Am I faithful and growing in my personal and corporate worship? God has also designed the Great Commission to be carried out by a unified body called the Church. Am I participating in fellowship with other believers?
Walk with the Lord and practice Christianity!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment