Monday, January 11, 2010
God has done much for Israel which includes the sign of His presence through the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night. However, the Israelites still served the false god Baal and the female god Asheroth. God raised up judges to bring them back to His ways but by the time the judge was dead they would return to worshipping false gods. This tells us that nothing is perpetual. A man may be ever so godly and teach his children that way but they may not follow in his footsteps. There is a saying that God has no grandchildren . Each must believe for himself. Let me speak for God here. Does He have a right to be angry? Did you know that God can be jealous? They were His people who He personally took out of Egypt. and established in Canaan. Now they were serving other gods. I want to say that God has every right to be God. He has every right to be jealous over His own people. If I had proper space I could say a lot more about this. Now what is in this for me. First of all I belong to Him because He created me. Next He redeemed me by sending His Son Jesus to die for me on the cross. After all that do I have any right to serve and worship anything but Him. I would expect God to be jealous. So I will follow and give Him all I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment