Monday, September 8, 2008

Psalm 65:1-13

This psalm is a psalm about God's abundance and His ways in the earth. I really love the way David is so personal with God. I can just see him out on the hills with his sheep penning psalms. He also wrote more psalms when he was a fugitive and a king of God's flock. This psalm begins with praise and when we praise we also perform our vows. He is also the God who hears the prayers of His people in verse 2. Verse 4 reminds us we are chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4) We can approach Him when we choose. Later in the verse He reminds me that I can enter the holiest of all by the blood of Jesus, (Hebrews 10:19) and be in the very presence of God. I better not be in the habit of walking in sin if I realize exactly where I am.Verses 6-8 are creation verses, but not only creation but Christ upholding all things by the word of His power. (Hebrews 1:3)Verses 9-13 speaks of how He supplies the earth with abundance of crops and cattle and waters the earth. It is no wonder that a man who doesn't believe in God is called a fool. Now how much do I appreciate God and everything He abundantly supplies? Do you praise Him because of all this? Have you given your whole heart to Him who has done so much for you?

1 comment:

pastorscott said...

I praise God for His truth that endures to all generations. I have confidence in God because I have seen His truth transform my life and the lives of others.