Friday, September 12, 2008

Psalm 68:11-23 - God is the Victor

The children of Israel experienced victory as it followed after God. God had chosen His city and people and the rest of those who were desirous of her were scattered. God led captivity captive by defeating the enemies and bringing the captives of those people back to Israel. This was used in Ephesians 4:8 claiming that Christ had led captivity captive. Before trusting in Christ for salvation, we are slaves, captives to sin and death. But, Christ came into our land and defeated our master, allowing us to be freed from sins and trespasses. We have a home with Him for all eternity. We who were captive, are to be taken to be with Him. This leading away began with the ascension of Christ, our first-fruits (1 Corinthians 15:20). The greatest part? We get to be joint-heirs with Christ! (Romans 8:16-17)

Praise God for all He has done for you!

1 comment:

pastorscott said...

I am a captive set free! I am glad I do not have to fight for victory but fight from the victory already provided for me.